Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you enjoy driving and meeting new people? Do you have a good driving record and ability to drive in a variety of situations? Do you like flexible hours?
Become part of the Shuttle Service team that picks up and takes stateside and international passengers to the airport or other locations. It’s a wonderful way to minister to those serving on the field.
Your service helps JAARS make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Drive Shuttle Service vehicles to transport people and luggage.
- · This is a full-time, volunteer or career staff that raises their support position
- · Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
- · Transport passengers to and from the Charlotte Douglas International Airport and other approved locations
- · Work flexible hours, since the shuttle serves guests 24/7 and 365 days a year
- · Use issued cell phone to connect with passengers for pickup location and time
- · May need to meet passengers in baggage area with a JAARS sign
- · Provide excellent customer service and assist in loading luggage
- · Provide an opportunity for passengers to stop for food or supplies
- · Maintain mileage and payment records per trip and turn in to Transportation Coordinator
- · Volunteers turn in monthly service hours report
- · Notify Transportation Coordinator of any vehicle repairs needed
- · Verify all trips prior to the trip
- · This is a .35 FTE position
- · Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- · Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- · Current drivers license
- · Two or more years of driving experience
- · Good driving skills
- · Caring, servant heart
- · Friendly customer service
- · Capable of lifting 50 lbs. with assistance
- · Use a cell phone and leave messages
- · Must pass a DOT physical examination
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
There are many key opportunities at JAARS for you to help make Bible translation possible around the world. Volunteers are a crucial part of every department; over 50% of the staff are volunteers. We could not provide significant technical and logistical support services without people like YOU!
You will gain a new vision for missions and realize the lasting value of how your practical and technical skills are helping to transform lives around the world. Build meaningful and potentially lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and career staff. In the winter months, volunteers gather regularly for events such as breakfasts and game nights.
Volunteers can serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.
- · Proof of health insurance
- · Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- · Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- · Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020