A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
13 Emerson St
Indigo International is dedicated to bringing holistic health treatment and education across the globe. We offer treatment through affordable holistic health clinics, accredited training and operate several social enterprises that sell holistic health products. We are dedicated to honoring and serving all people through our philosophy of radical inclusion. We welcome adults, teens and children of all races, religions and ages into our community. We believe that holistic health treatment and education should be available to everyone regardless of geographic location or income.
Y-Lab is a 21st century online research & business development social innovation incubator space for holistic health professionals. The Y-Lab will integrate with entrepreneurship and social innovation curriculum inside of the school’s Transcendent Business Practicum. Inside of the Y-Lab students will experience a series of practicums and practice rapid sustainable implementation of business strategies. The curriculum inspires students to apply an entrepreneurial mindset effect strategic social change through holistic healthcare treatments and services. All students are assigned a mentor as they participate in the practicums inside of the Y-Lab. Inspired by Walden University’s vision for Social Change, the Y-Lab will be the home base for the next generation of leaders who are equipped and ready to design and execute innovative solutions in holistic healthcare. The lab is scheduled to have several live opportunities throughout the year for students to come together in person to connect, brainstorm, research and design.
We are seeking an independent and inspired human to work within a team of Virtual YLAB Directors and direct and manage operations, volunteers and staff in the YLAB. As a Virtual YLAB Director you will communicate via Skype weekly with teachers, students and volunteers and communicate via email weekly with students.
We are currently seeking a Virtual YLAB Director who can serve a one year term and commit to 10 hours a week of service.
YLAB DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans for the implementation of YLAB goals and objectives.
- Manages volunteer team that provides student services and public information.
- Directs the development and maintenance of YLAB.
- Planning and running meetings, preparing reports, with and for volunteers.
- Work with other YLAB Directors in the development of programs.
- Directs the training of YLAB volunteers in technical and administrative skills.
- Represents the YLAB on Board of Directors. Attends monthly meetings.
- Plans and organizes the activities, programs, and services of the YLAB according to perceived needs of the community.
- Thorough ability to supervise the work of others and maintain effective working relationships,
- Committed to excellence in customer service.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize work for efficient use of time.
- Ability to understand and interpret library policies, procedures, and rules.
- Ability to keep records accurately.
- Ability to plan, organize, supervise, and evaluate the work of volunteers in activities.
- Ability to initiate, organize, and follow through on programs, services, and projects.
Indigo International's Volunteer Directors are provided with free holistic health insurance that includes free monthly treatments and discounts on holistic health products after 90 days of service. All Volunteer Directors are also provided with a Full Scholarship for four courses at Pleiadian Institute.
Please note, this opportunity is open to international applicants, we are headquartered in Massachusetts, but we are interested in applicants from anywhere in North America, Europe, Japan, Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, India & South America. We are also open to applicants from other countries, if you are interested in helping us, please send us your info, we are always looking to connect with people in new places in the world!
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter as attachments in .doc, .docx or .pdf format. Include a statement explaining what drew you to your organization and how you feel you can personally be an asset to us as a YLAB Director.