Pathways to Employment AmeriCorps VISTA - Carson City Crystal Schools
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Michigan Nonprofit Association Civic Engagement AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Carson City-Crystal Schools
213 East Sherman Street
As the saying goes, it takes a village. As our VISTA with Carson City-Crystal Schools (CC-CS) you’ll promote workforce development throughout the district by working with local businesses, higher education institutions, and nonprofit organizations. Additionally, you’ll build the relationship between CC-CS, the Montcalm County Teen Center, and the community at large in order to enhance employability skills in the area. These skills are vital in rural communities, as opportunities for work have yet to bounce back from the recession. As such, our VISTA will have a chance to impact the lives of these students well beyond their year of service. 26.9% of children in Montcalm County are living in poverty, and childhood poverty is the biggest factor in determining adult poverty rates. Help reduce this number by ensuring that students have the opportunity to develop the skills and gain the experience needed to secure meaningful employment.
As our VISTA with Carson City-Crystal Schools, you will:
• Help organization and stakeholders recognize the need for and use of volunteers.
• Develop position descriptions and recruit and promote volunteer opportunities.
• Develop a volunteer generation plan to recruit and maintain volunteers.
• Improve feedback assessments and develop evaluative tools to determine success of the program and opportunities for improvement.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided