Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Basset Hound Rescue of Southern California
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO Box 88
Basset Hound Rescue of Southern California
The following are the duties or directives of the Volunteer Coordinator:
- Receive and process registrations of new volunteers, with the ability to take a new application from receipt to completion with a warm welcome.
- Compose and respond to all volunteer communications regarding volunteer recruitment, duties and activities
- Update contacts in multiple volunteer databases
- Update other appropriate coordinators with new applicant information
- Maintain the BOD/EC/AEC volunteer roster spreadsheet and distribute to the Committee Members
- Announce incoming and departing volunteers
- Maintain volunteer source spreadsheet
- Maintain birthday information for Committee Members
- Maintain volunteer job postings on web-based recruitment sites: Idealist and VolunteerMatch
- Request from social media, job postings as needed
- Request from Webmaster, website job postings, volunteer email addresses and other technical support as needed
- Prepare open jobs listing for newsletter
- Provide mass communications with volunteer base, as directed by other coordinators and the board
- Support the organization with ongoing recruitment
- Oversee, utilize and support Volunteer Coordinator Assistant(s)
- Must have access to computer, phone, and the ability to check emails daily
- Must be able to attend recruitment events in general Southern California areas.
- HR or recruiting experience a plus!
- Must be reliable and a good communicator.
The Volunteer Coordinator is a member of the Executive Committee, and it is required to attend quarterly board meetings. Two will be held in person on-site, and two via conference call.
Executive members also are expected to volunteer their support at our annual event Spring Games, held in June.
How To Apply
Please fill out a volunteer application at https://www.bassethoundrescue.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/. Thank you for considering BHRSC!