Help in the Thrift Store and Help our Youth
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
BGCS Thrift Store
2626 North Scottsdale Road
Total Time Commitment:
Hours – 9:00am -4:30pm
Length of Assignment: 3-4 hour shifts. 9am – 1pm / 12:30pm – 4:30pm
5 Day(s) per week (flexible schedule available.)
Specific days needed if applicable
Mon.  Tues. [x] Wed. [x] Thur. [x] Fri. [x]. Sat. [x]
Under the direction of the Thrift Store Resale Director, the Volunteer will help in one Thrift Store
- Provide great Customer FIRST service to all of our Customers.
- Actively participate in keeping the Thrift Shop both clean and organized allowing us to create a memorable and fun shopping experience.
- Work as part of a great Volunteer Team. Possess the ability to interact and work well with others.
- Work on learning new tasks which may include Cashiering, Donation Processing, and/or Donation Pricing.
- A passion for the Boys & Girls Clubs and the Ladies’ Auxiliary and their shared vision and mission.
- A passion for our Customers and the role great Customer First Service plays in our success.
- Interview with the Manager of the program.
- Agree to a criminal background check.
- Have Fun with a purpose!
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to stand for majority of shift.
- May be asked to act in Customer Service role on sales floor and/or work in back work areas processing and pricing donations.