A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We are currently seeking talented web developers to help us maintain and improve our resource catalog. As a web developer for AsylumConnect, you will report directly to (and work closely with) our Director of Web Development. You will be called on to address any technical issues (as needed). You also may have the opportunity to help our team add/edit technical functionality as well as develop new integrated products to continue to improve our impact. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with a working knowledge of web application design and development.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Director of Web Development.
- Address any technical issues to the live catalog site as needed.
- Write code to maintain server-side logic, manage the application database, and add new features.
- Ensure the AsylumConnect catalog is mobile-friendly and cross-browser compatible.
- Plan for future changes to our catalog website and web application.
- Previous experience with full-stack web application development.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Java, PHP).
- Previous experience with front-end or full-stack web application development.
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies:
- Responsive front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Modern web frameworks such as React
- APIs, such as the Google Maps API
- Self-starter with good communication skills and the ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Experience collaborating with a development team utilizing version control tools like Git/GitHub.
- Bonus(es): Experience with user-centered design research and/or open-sourced code.
**If you have a personal GitHub, please also include a link to your profile in your application
How To Apply
Please send us an email with the following information:
- Please send us your CV or resume
- Let us know, why AsylumConnect?
- What city do you live in, and interested in making an impact in?
- Please let us know details around your experience.
- *If you have a personal GitHub, please also include a link to your profile in your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.