VOLUNTEER TUTORS NEEDED for Core Subjects: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd-12th and Beyond
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Making A Difference For You, INC
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Making A Difference For You, INC
827 East Parham Road
Making A Difference For You, is seeking volunteers to tutor underachieving students K-12 and beyond in core subjects (English, Mathematics, Science, History, Foreign Language) through a one-on-one or group tutoring relationship.
We are looking for volunteers who will build a positive and supportive relationship that will engage and motivate students to work towards improvement of ability and effort in academic subjects, attitude about school and academic achievement and increased interest in pursuing higher education.
- Commit to a minimum of one hour per session (Saturdays or Sundays).
- Tutor students in one or more academic areas in the Richmond and Tri-cities areas.
- Advise students on study skills techniques in order to create independent learners.
- Become familiar with the goals of the Richmond and Tri-cities areas School’s programming.
- Direct any questions or concerns to the Tutor Coordinator.
- Ability to effectively communicate sensitivity, respect and understanding of the needs of underachieving students.
- Ability to establish and maintain a trusting and positive working relationship with students.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Gail Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also reach Ms. Gail at (804) 447-7945 or (804) 833-3281
Please visit our website to find out more about our organization: http://www.mad4yuinc.org/.