Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Westchester Athletics Incorporated is a non profit youth organization that offers sports and mentoring to the youth in the Westchester, NY and surrounding areas. Our mission is to enhance each athlete’s skill to their fullest potential, while fostering a family like environment. We pride ourselves in offering a caring and structured atmosphere that will assist each Athlete to fall in love with the sport of their choice, while having fun. Our vision is to build a well rounded individual, by creating a sense of belonging, building confidence, developing valuable skills such as, team building, time management, strong work ethic, and dedication
Since the start of Westchester Athletics Inc. in March 2017, we have grown from a 9u travel basketball team of 9 athletes, to currently having 3 basketball teams in the 9u,10u, and 11u age groups and a travel 9u baseball team. On top of our travel program, we also offer basketball training to youth between the ages of 5-17. Athletes of all skill levels are welcomed to participate in this program to learn the fundamentals of the game or to improve on the skills that they already have.
Westchester Athletics Inc. is currently looking for a dedicated and patient trainer to join the team in supporting our youth to gain various basketball knowledge and skills. The trainer will work with each age group every week in hour long sessions for six weeks at a time. Each trainer will work closely with the coaches and assistant coaches to discuss each athletes growth for the possibility of joining the travel team.
- Engaging athletes during training sessions
- Communicate and engage parents regarding the training
- Create weekly training drills for each age group according to the skill levels of each athlete
- Assess skills and knowledge of each athlete
- Knowledgeable about the game of basketball, basketball terminology, and drills
- 3 years experience of training or coaching youth basketball.
- Passion for the sport
- Trainers must be able to commit to being present for at least 3 hours every Sunday(excluding holiday weekends) during the season.
- Attend Trainer/Coach Orientation Training prior to the commencement of the season. Additional training sessions may be provided during the season.
- One season commitment minimum, but two seasons is preferred
How To Apply
Please send an updated cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your interest in the position along with relevant experience.