Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
210 North Chestnut Street
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for tagging, pulling and transporting dogs and cats for Carver-Scott Humane Society, prioritizing our network of local impounds and shelter partnerships. You will work with foster families, the Cat Adoption Center Manager, and our retail partners, to identify open capacity to tag dogs and cats for rescue based on the intake partner’s processes and protocols, while keeping in mind CSHS’ ability to provide the care and support necessary for the animal in need. This position has the potential to require 15 hours per week.
- Excellent customer service skills and responsiveness.
- Strong communication skills; ability to manage crisis situations calmly and professionally.
- Diplomacy and conflict-resolution skills.
- The ability and willingness to follow CSHS policies, procedures and processes.
- Professional representation of CSHS and our philosophies to our stakeholders, including our partners, donors, fosters, staff, volunteers, board members, and community.
- An understanding of basic veterinary care including preventatives and vaccination schedules, and the ability to make medical decisions in the best interest of the animals we serve in partnership with CSHS leadership.
- Comfortable working in an animal welfare setting.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite – primarily Excel and Word.
- Experience with the Google suite of products – Gmail, Drive, Groups, and Intranet.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided