Cloud Forest Conservation & Sustainability Volunteer Project, Ecuador
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by WorkingAbroad Projects
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Join now as an environmental volunteer in Ecuador. The aim of this programme is help to conserve a part of the Ecuadorian Cloud Forest by participating in tree planting, trail work, research activities, sustainable living and food production as well as some community projects. You can take part in: Cloud Forest Conservation & Sustainable Food Production and Building and we offer a short term Travelling, Volunteering, Learning (TVL) programme for groups.
You can join for 1 week up to 12 weeks year round.
Individuals, groups, students doing research and families all welcome.
Conservation and Sustainability Volunteers can join this programme all year round from 1 week up to 3 months in duration. Activities include:
- Planting 150 native trees per person within the group (groups of 4-8 usually)
- Designing and opening a new trail in the reserve
- Maintaining existing trails
- Collecting data for the station's research projects
- Maintaining and improving the medicinal and meditation garden
- Working in the organic vegetable garden
- Alternative animal production
- Coffee, banana and citric production
- Bio-food production
- Sustainable wood production, and
- Medicinal garden work
For any questions on the above, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details regarding pricing, scheduling and arrangements, please visit the main project page - http://www.workingabroad.com/projects/ecuador-cloud-forest-volunteer
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining this project, you will need to fill out the online application form here (you can also print it out and send it to us by post) – to secure a placement on the project, please complete and submit the form including two references and your deposit of £180. If for some reason, your application is declined, we will reimburse this deposit fully. However for those who are accepted, the full amount needs to be paid one month before departure. Once you have been accepted on the programme, you will receive a pre-departure package with all detailed information on your project, Ecuador, suggested items to bring etc.