A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We are delighted to be experiencing a growth spurt. We need a visionary leader who shows strong initiative, is a confident self-starter, and able to grow a volunteer recognition program to reward our deserving volunteers for their amazing efforts. As a Volunteer Recognition Coordinator with NAMI San Fernando Valley:
- Manage, execute, and grow the volunteer recognition program designed to appropriately reward and recognize volunteers, track retention rates, set levels of recognition and consistently acquire prizes, gifts and awards for our deserving volunteers.
- Help to design a program strategy to sustain gift-giving.
- Regularly collaborate with the Recruitment Chair and Sponsor Recruiter to create and update a list of ways to reward our volunteers for their contributions. Track and identify best strategies.
- Work with the Recruitment Chair to develop a consistent message when we approach potential community donors, when we engage volunteers and when we promote the program.
- Actively seek out best practices for volunteer recognition.
- Role-specific training and tools to help you succeed.
- Paired up with a Relationship Manager whose sole responsibility is to be sure your volunteer experience is enjoyable.
- To volunteer alongside and make new connections with awesome people from all over the globe.
- Add your new experience and skills to your resume/portfolio for career advancement.
- To work remotely, with a flexible schedule.
- Enthusiasm, time and reliability to volunteer. We completely understand if competing priorities don’t lend itself to volunteering. This is important work and a hugely critical role. Be sure you can keep this commitment.
- Management and leadership experience.
- Passion and connection to the help people affected by mental illness.
- Strong communication skills, especially over the phone, email and team communications apps.
- A goals-oriented mindset and strong problem-solving skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite skills and ability to learn our simple database, NationBuilder.
- Approximately 5-8 hrs/week to dedicate to the role.
If you are interested in helping us give our volunteers the credit they deserve for helping to eliminate stigma, bring awareness, advocate for others, teach classes, facilitate support groups, recruit other volunteers, write training manuals, plan events, raise money and for so many other amazing contributions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The programs and initiatives of National Alliance on Mental Illness - San Fernando Valley are staffed by talented volunteers who have the passion, drive and expertise necessary to fulfill our mission. NAMI SFV welcomes and appreciates individual differences and invites diversity in its broadest definition. We are devoted to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of transparency, authenticity, creativity, and kindness.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Email resume and phone number with best time for volunteer recruiter to call.