Help Home-Bound Seniors with Yard Maintenance - Southern AZ
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest
6303 East Tanque Verde Road
Volunteer purpose and impact
Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest seeks a small group of volunteers to assist older adults in yard clean up. Home-bound adults face many barriers that make it difficult to complete everyday tasks, including outdoor home maintenance. Help older adults complete a task they are no longer able to do, while preserving their dignity by maintaining a neat and tidy home they so deeply cherish.
Responsibilities and key deliverables
· May be asked to trim bushes, weed, rake
· May be asked to pick up trash
· May be asked to mow the lawn
· Should enjoy working outdoors
· Volunteer teams will be responsible for providing their own yard tools. We will notify groups of the project beforehand so teams will know what is needed.
The volunteer will serve outside the home of the client.
Clearances required & training
This role requires at least one person (if volunteering in a group) to obtain a fingerprint clearance card ($73).
Location & timeframe
Client locations vary – client contact information will be provided before the volunteer service. Volunteering may be completed at any time