- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The Welcome Home Group (formerly Welcome Home Resumes)
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Making a difference in a veteran’s life!
The Welcome Home Group is looking for Software Trainer. This is a virtual opportunity. Flexible hours. We require approximately 10 hours per month. Be a part of the solution and work with us to assist them in securing meaningful employment. Our program is different from the rest and the success rate proves that it works. The reason is the quality of our volunteers. We focus on the veteran’s success through volunteer training. We give you, the volunteer, the tools you need to be effective and successful.
We require ALL volunteers to submit both a telephone number and an email address to be considered for all positions. This is because you will send us an email but when we respond, if it goes into your spam/junk folder, you don’t see it and feel as if we aren’t responding. Because you submit both we will email AND call you to make sure you are given the opportunity to speak with our team about the opportunity we have.
Visit our website at www.twhg.org to learn more about what we do to ensure our nations veterans and their families become successful when seeking civilian employment and become part of an amazing team who makes it all possible!
We are looking for a responsible Software Trainer to perform a variety of software-based tasks. Duties of the Software Trainer include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs
Key Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for using software principles to create and facilitate the functionality of current and future software. Works with team members and management to coordinate a variety of projects.
Requirements: Minimum Associates Degree from a two year college or technical school. Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from an accredited four year college preferred. Experience in software development required. Must have proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, as well as Photo Shop and Microsoft Office Suite. Expertise in Macintosh OS.
· Technologically proficient, with experience in Microsoft Office, email, and web-based data entry systems
· Must be proficient in the use of the English language
· Must be able to respond to staff within 24 hours, primarily via email
· Ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals, without direct supervision
· Efficient in analyzing information gathered and presenting it in a concise and structured manner
· Capable of assessing completion of a project based on provided guidelines
· Maintains high standards of consistency and professionalism
· Must be willing to volunteer a minimum of ten (10) hours per month
· Ability to work evenings and/or weekends, when required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please include contact E-mail and Phone number.
- Training Provided