- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
If you are planning a career in print journalism then VIN’s Jouism rnalProgram can help you develop your experience and your resume. The field of journalism is an increasingly difficult one to break into, so this is a perfect opportunity for those planning a gap year or career break to gain essential experience.
VIN’s Journalism Program enables interns or volunteers to develop a portfolio of work in an international context. The program is conducted in Nepal in partnership with national publications, such as The Kathmandu Post, Himal Media House, Spotlight Magazine and Image Nepal. If you are already a practicing journalist, volunteering will broaden your experience and show you a different way of working in journalism against the backdrop of a country still recovering from civil war and political corruption. Writing in Nepal offers you a diverse and dramatic material source and context.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.