A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
600 North Charles Street
Volunteer at the Walters!
The Visitor Services Department at the Walters Art Museum is recruiting new volunteers to be part of our team that welcomes all visitors to enjoy, discover, and learn. Visitor Services Volunteers greet, orient, and inform museum attendees, while providing recommendations for a personalized and unique experience. The volunteers also assists staff with visitor research and evaluation to learn more about our audiences and how best to serve them. Our volunteers are ambassadors for the Walters in their communities, encouraging friends, family, and acquaintances to take advantage of the FREE access to the cultural treasures in our collection.
If you enjoy…
· interacting with diverse audiences…
· learning about art, the Baltimore and Mount Vernon communities, and museum work…
· sharing your knowledge…
If you have…
- some customer service experience...
- strong interpersonal and communication skills…
- an interest in art, history, and people…
If you are able to…
- commit to at least two four-hour shifts a month, Wednesday through Sunday…
- attend quarterly meetings, trainings, and enrichment opportunities…
- handle frequent walking, extended periods of standing, bending, and lifting….
… then please fill out an application on the Walters Art Museum website!
The next training will begin on September 15th.
Please note: volunteers must be 18 or older, and acceptance to the program is subject to the successful completion of a background check.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Complete the online application and email your resume to email@example.com