Board Member Volunteer Development Director to help homeless abuse survivors
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Shine Foundation
A few hours per week
Shine Foundation is a nonprofit startup that provides free financial education to homeless abuse survivors in NYC and Baltimore. To support our growth, we're inviting qualified candidates to apply for our national Board of Directors!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info on the organization, please visit shine-foundation.org.
Volunteer Development Director
The Volunteer Development Director will be responsible for developing and
implementing the Chapter’s volunteer retention strategy, and will work with the
Volunteer Recruitment Director to ensure volunteer satisfaction.
Among his/her principal responsibilities, the Volunteer Development Director will:
- Serve as the main point of contact and guide after a volunteer has joined Shine’s team
- Design, deliver, and iterate a twice-annual onboarding session (Spring and Fall) for new volunteers
- Manage volunteer profiles, availability, and assignments in Volunteer Database (Volgistics)
- Assign volunteers to open positions based on skills and need
- Facilitate Volunteer Development sessions and other teambuilding events to foster collaboration between volunteers and generate lesson plans and activities
- Capture feedback from programs after completion
- Perform other duties, within his/her ability and as needed
Time commitment: Monthly 2-hour Board meetings, up to 5 hours / week of volunteer coordination (with potential for fluctuation during onboarding / staffing period)
How To Apply
Please include a copy of your resume emailed to email@example.com