Exchange volunteer (under the European Voluntary Service program) based in Almere – The Netherlands
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by ProVeg
ProVeg Nederland is a Dutch foundation, part of the ProVeg International family: a group of NGOs that work closely together to inspire people to make better food choices and, in this way, create a better world. ProVeg works to improve the accessibility of plant-based living by influencing government policies, the food industry and society as a whole. We appreciate every single step that individuals, organisations and institutions take to move towards a more plant-based lifestyle.
ProVeg Nederland provides campaigns, programs and information on healthy eating, e.g. via the online VeggieChallenge, our traveling exhibition the Vegxperience and our annual consumer fair, VeggieWorld.
We work with a team of 6 (part-time) co-ordinators, around 5 interns, a core team of about 25 volunteers that support the organisation mainly online from home, 2 office cats and a few hundred volunteers that support events and our traveling exhibition.
We have a small office based in Almere. The office lies next to nature reserve the Oostvaarders Plassen and is situated 2 minutes from a train station from which you can reach Amsterdam city centre in less than 30 minutes.
As a European Voluntary Service volunteer, you contribute to the daily work of ProVeg Nederland. You assist in developing projects, events and campaigns about plant-based living. Next to working from our office, you can also support and participate in our events and fairs on-site.
You will be able to develop a variety of skills and competences, learn how an international NGO functions and broaden your horizon by gaining general working experience in a foreign environment.
With your work you contribute to a more sustainable, more animal-friendly and plant-based future of our planet.
You need to be between 17 and 30 years of age and an EU citizen.
- Assist with the development and execution of programs, events and campaigns
- Collect and evaluate data relevant to programs, events and campaigns
- Assist with communication
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Assist with the daily office routine
- Interested in and willingness to learn about veganism and animal rights
- English and/or Dutch language skills are a great asset
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- General computer skills (Wordpress, Mailchimp)
- Interest in online campaign management and social media (Facebook, Instagram)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A dynamic work environment in which you can develop your skills and competences
- Accommodation, or a financial contribution to cover the costs of accommodation
- A monthly allowance for food and pocket money
- Holiday entitlement
- Ongoing support and supervision
- A suitable recommendation in writing or e.g. on your LinkedIn profile
- Becoming part of a motivated and diverse team
- Making a difference in this world
- International Volunteers