Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
12 Eliot Street
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit changing the narrative surrounding disability for blind and sighted youth. We create integrated and supportive spaces with life skills training, emotional support, and community service opportunities. Through these spaces, youth break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability to create positive change in our society. Our ultimate goal is to enable society to understand that the inclusion of all is a value for all.
ETI is currently seeking a Social Media volunteer to manage our social media efforts. The Social Media Coordinator will report to the Director of External Relations.
- Research content for, write, and schedule social media posts
- Analyze and report on social media results using analytics software
- Establish ETI on new Social Media outlets including Twitter and Instagram
- Create Organizational Social Media Policies to ensure that organization values and accessibility are uniformly promoted in all posts
- Inform team members of social media trends
- Collaborate with ETI’s multimedia coordinator on multimedia strategy
- Work closely with ETI’s marketing advisors
- Other PR/communications tasks as required
- Passion for social justice and disabilities rights issues
- Background or degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, English or other related field
- Familiarity and experience with key social media platforms; namely, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Familiarity and experience with publishing tools such as Squarespace and MailChimp
- Basic knowledge of design software such as InDesign and Photoshop
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Comfortable working as part of a team
Ideally, the candidate will currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level program focusing on marketing, communications, or similar field. The candidate will be available starting June 2018 through August 2018.
- Training Provided