Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Fraunces Tavern Museum
54 Pearl Street
Fraunces Tavern Museum is always looking to invite talented individuals to assist with our educational programming. Our well trained volunteer School Program Educators ensure the continual success of our educational mission. If you have a passion for history and hope to share that interest with others, you would be a great addition to our team of educators!
- Available to volunteer for at least 1 weekly School Program (approx. 90 minutes long).
- Comfortable administering inquiry-based learning and hands-on activities with students K-12.
- Interest in New York City history as it relates to Colonial America, the Revolutionary War, and the Early Republic.
- Conduct exhibit-based school programs for K-12 students in the Museum’s galleries and period rooms.
- Use various educational strategies to lead school programs and engage students with the Museum’s collection.
- Set-up & break-down of school program’s supplies and spaces.
- Able to work with a team; is enthusiastic, dependable and flexible.
- Enjoys interacting with the public and communicates effectively with individuals, families, and school groups.
- Willing to learn new information through hands-on experience and materials provided by the Education & Public Programs Director.
- Capable of 2-4 hours of physical activity.
- This is a great opportunity for those interested in enhancing their public speaking skills and gaining experience in working with various populations in an educational setting.
- Benefits include free admission to the museum and its lectures, exhibit openings, eligibility for a free monthly MetroCard, and an annual volunteer luncheon and dinner.
- Room for growth within the Museum.
We need volunteers to ensure the success of our educational programming, so you would truly be making a difference. Former teaching or public speaking experience is a plus.
Training involves receiving an Educator manual, shadowing tours, and subsequent Educator meetings.
- Training Provided