Volunteer Program Development Director
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Women's Global Leadership Initiative
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Duration: 1 year
Schedule: 5-10 hours a week
How you’ll make an impact
We are currently seeking a Program Development Director. This position is responsible for leading the development and refresh of WGLI programs. The Program Development Director will manage the curriculum, programs design and development process, as well as a team dedicated to creating and refreshing our programs. This position will manage and ensure the Program’s strategic goals and tactics are achieved in a timely manner. The Program Development Director will also ensure all internal stakeholders understand our existing programs suite, what is in development, and partners with them to determine how best to represent the programs to external partners and donors.
What you will do
- Manage, guide, onboard and offboard a team of volunteer program designers and developers who are globally dispersed
- Establish and maintain a team culture, processes, and practices that enable bold creativity, entrepreneurship, collaboration, and a growth mindset.
- Assess WGLI’s current programs’ suite against the latest, cutting edge research on women in leadership, leadership development for women, and women in community capacity building to ensure curriculum and programs are aligned and up-to-date
- Ensure all existing and future program offerings are complete and packaged for easy implementation and sharing with partners (consistent layout and branding; high quality facilitator guide with supporting resources and tools; user-friendly instructions, handouts, resources, and participant guides; etc.)
- Communicate program offerings and the status of changes or additions to all WGLI staff
- Serve as liaison to other WGLI work groups/internal stakeholders to ensure accurate understanding and representation of programs offerings to external partners
You have these skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years experience in curriculum and program design, delivery, and evaluation
- Excellent project management and team management skills
- Advanced computing skills and ability to learn new software/computing tools quickly
- Understanding, knowledge and experience with using social media as a business tool
- Team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for WGLI’s mission and vision
- Commitment of 1 year
About the Women’s Global Leadership Initiative
Women’s Global Leadership Initiative (WGLI) is a non-profit, 501(c) (3) organization, founded in 2008. It is dedicated to unlocking the leadership potential of women of different socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds who want to make a difference in their communities by realizing their full leadership potential.
WGLI’S mission is to build women leaders across the globe. Regardless of socio-economic conditions, WGLI will provide every woman with the opportunity to an education, the ability to invest in her future and the tools and knowledge to contribute to her community.