Curriculum Coordination and Development Opportunity
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Aflatoun International
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
P.O. Box 15991
Background: The curriculum team is responsible for developing and revising content for both internal and external projects. Aflatoun International works with partner organizations around the globe to provide high quality educational materials on social and financial education to children and youth. As we have currently taken on several larger projects, the curriculum department will benefit from the support of a volunteer/intern who can support the team to ensure great quality learning materials. The team consists of curriculum managers from various backgrounds in teaching, training, development and education as well as other interns and consultants with expertise in different fields and competencies.
In liaison with the respective Curriculum Manager, the volunteer/Intern will undertake the following:
1) Assist with curriculum projects within Aflatoun by reviewing and editing new lesson plans, thematic content and educational materials. We prioritize learning through active methods, and the intern will be expected to think creatively about methods to help participants understand and retain concepts.
2) Develop outlines for new curricula and upcoming projects.
3) Gather information to support development of thematic concepts (i.e. agriculture, employability skills, entrepreneurship).
4) Assist curriculum manager and program manager with event logistics for various trainings and workshops that take place globally throughout the year.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work in small team with motivated, multicultural co-workers
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in English, with strong reading and writing skills
- Creative way of thinking and interest/experience in education and/or international development
- Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intern applicants must be currently enrolled in a university program. Volunteers must have legal working permission for the Netherlands.
- Multicultural environment with most writing done in English but Dutch candidates are very encouraged to apply!
- Experience working in a classroom, writing lesson plans or developing a children’s learning program is a plus
- Stipend Provided