A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Looking for a fun and rewarding volunteer opportunity? Good at mobilizing others and organizing events? Interested in learning more about non-profit work? We are looking to a new member to join our fundraising committee!
The Fundraising Committee’s role goes beyond simply raising money. Instead, the Fundraising Committee is responsible for overseeing Dialog to Learn's overall fundraising and, in particular, the fundraising done by the board. To accomplish this, the Fundraising Committee’s responsibilities are:
- To work with staff to establish a fundraising plan that incorporates a series of appropriate vehicles, such as special events, e-mail, product sales, etc.
- To work with staff in their efforts to raise program funds
- To take the lead in certain types of outreach efforts, such as chairing a dinner/dance committee or hosting fundraising parties, etc.
- To be responsible for involvement of all board members in fundraising, such as having board members make telephone calls to ask for support, and
- To monitor fundraising efforts to be sure that ethical practices are in place, that donors are acknowledged appropriately, and that fundraising efforts are cost-effective.
If this sounds like the right volunteer opportunity for you, please send your resume and introduction of yourself and your volunteer interests to Keshia van Gent at email@example.com. At this time, we are only looking for local volunteers in the Bay Area.
- Training Provided