Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate social media to join our Marketing and Communications team. As a Social media volunteer you will be working on developing and maintaining Asante Africa Foundation online presence through various social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Flickr, Instagram and WordPress.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
● Actively updating and maintaining social media channels and calendar.
● Writing/summarizing blog stories.
● Creating and brainstorming content.
● Creating a plan to enhance online presence and identify opportunities for growth.
● Creating and brainstorming content to align with marketing campaigns.
● Monitoring interaction and responding/commenting to drive community engagement.
● Working with SEO team to optimize posts and monitor analytics.
● Currently active on social media, follow or interest in learning latest trends.
● Excellent knowledge of various social media platforms listed above.
● Able to manage social media remotely and in a timely fashion.
● Excellent editing, proofreading and communication skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as member of a team.
● Detail oriented, team player and tech savvy.
● Self-starter, organized and able to respond to and meet deadlines under a tight timeline
● Access to computer with internet connection.
● Photoshop and video editing skill a plus.
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization.
Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction.
Work well independently as well as part of a team.
Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Directly impact Asante Africa’s efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa.
Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run entirely by volunteers.
Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization.
Have the opportunity to see your ideas and contributions implemented Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. The position is for a specific project with an expectation of 10 -15 hours of work per week.
How To Apply
Thank you for showing interest in volunteering at Asante Africa Foundation. Please forward us your latest Resume/CV at firstname.lastname@example.org and also complete an application at http://www.123contactform.com/form-1909920/Volunteer-Application?
Looking forward to working with you for a noble cause!