Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We are seeking six dynamic individuals who are passionate about serving youth!
Neighborhood House is currently hiring for our 2018-2019 AmeriCorps team. We have several positions available with our after-school program. Individuals in this position will play a vital role in creating a fun and engaging learning environment for students aged K-12th grade. AmeriCorps members work closely with staff to design curriculum and facilitate activities. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone seeking to gain experience in youth development or teaching!
AmeriCorps Commitment & Benefits
Term dates: 10/16/2018 through 8/31/2019. Member will serve a minimum of 1700 service hours during this time (averages out to working 40 hours/week).
In exchange for service Neighborhood AmeriCorps Members receive:
- $1,307/month living stipend, before deductions and withholdings
- $5,920 post-service Education Award, on successful completion of the term of service
- Bus pass or mileage reimbursement for service related travel
- Regular AmeriCorps team meetings
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities through the service term
- Basic health insurance (not including vision coverage)
- Workers compensation coverage
- Forbearance (temporarily postponing paying off a loan) of qualified student loans during service term.
- Childcare assistance for members who qualify
- Eligibility for Basic Food (food stamps) and other public benefits if household meets DSHS requirements
- Payment of interest on qualified student loans that accrued during the service term
Contact us for more details!
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided