Volunteer ESL Teacher
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans (CIANA)
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans
31-09 Newtown Avenue
You are a charismatic teacher or tutor of the English language with a passion for teaching ESL or ESOL students. You want to work closely with a small group of students to help them reach their reading, writing, and speaking goals. Sound like you? Good!
CIANA is looking for a volunteer ESL instructor to teach once or twice per week. Our classes are typically composed of 10-20 students whose English proficiency ranges from beginner to intermediate. You must be comfortable managing a diverse group of students and facilitating fun and interactive activities.
The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
- Write and deliver English lessons that incorporate reading, writing, speaking, and listening components based on a curriculum
- Facilitate lessons on life skills and practical English in a fun and accessible way
- Collaborate with other ESL teachers on lesson development and execution
- Assist in tracking student needs and progress
- Consistent availability on Tuesday and/or Thursday from 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Charismatic, dynamic, and interactive instruction methods
- Motivated to help students achieve their goals
- Competent in and respectful of cultural differences
- Students enrolled in a CELTA, TESOL, or TEFL program or retired teachers
- Passionate about advancing immigrant rights
- Fluency or bilingualism in another language (especially Arabic, Spanish, and Bengali)
Hours: 2-4 hours per week; not flexible
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Or find out more about us on our social media or website and let’s chat: @cianainc or www.cianainc.org
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.