Administrative Assistant- Virtual Opportunity
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The Welcome Home Group (formerly Welcome Home Resumes)
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3259 NW 47th Ave
Making a difference in a veteran’s life!
The Welcome Home Group is looking for Administrative Assistant to work closely with our veterans/spouses in our innovative Interactive Employment Program. This is a virtual opportunity. Flexible hours. We require approximately 10 hours per month. Be a part of the solution and work with us to assist them in securing meaningful employment. Our program is different from the rest and the success rate proves that it works. The reason is the quality of our volunteers. We focus on the veteran’s success through volunteer training. We give you, the volunteer, the tools you need to be effective and successful.
We require ALL volunteers to submit both a telephone number and an email address to be considered for all positions. This is because you will send us an email but when we respond, if it goes into your spam/junk folder, you don’t see it and feel as if we aren’t responding. Because you submit both we will email AND call you to make sure you are given the opportunity to speak with our team about the opportunity we have.
Visit our website at www.twhg.org to learn more about what we do to ensure our nations veterans and their families become successful when seeking civilian employment and become part of an amazing team who makes it all possible!
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Organize and schedule appointments
· Plan meetings
· Organizing emails of assigned Manager
· Ensures information is reported accurately
· Create various reports as instructed by supervisor
· Design reporting templates for various uses.
· Maintains clear channel of communication with all parties involved
· Participates in required introductory training seminars and monthly virtual staff meetings
· Technologically proficient, with experience in Microsoft Office, email, and web-based data entry systems
· Must be proficient in the use of the English language
· Must be able to respond to staff within 24 hours, primarily via email
· Ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals, without direct supervision
· Efficient in analyzing information gathered and presenting it in a concise and structured manner
· Capable of assessing completion of a project based on provided guidelines
· Maintains high standards of consistency and professionalism
· Must be willing to volunteer a minimum of ten (10) hours per month
· Ability to work evenings and/or weekends, when required.