Board of Trustees - UK/Guatemalan Charity
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Education for the Children Foundation
Our Board consists of four Trustees and we are now seeking two additional roles. We are looking for people who are passionate about EFTC’s work, and are supportive and active team players. You will have the ability to think creatively and constructively challenge where necessary, whilst maintaining a solution-focused attitude and always recognising the importance of celebrating EFTC’s work and acting as an ambassador for the organisation.
Board members are expected to act in line with their statutory duties as charity trustees as specified by the Charity Commission. In particular, all Trustees are responsible for:
- Setting the strategic direction of the organisation
- Ensuring legal compliance
- Approving budgets and high level expenditures
- Appointing the CEO and monitoring their performance
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensuring financial stability of the organisation.
For more information on the duties of a charity Trustee, see:
We meet quarterly in Nottingham, with email and phone contact between Board meetings. Trustees are not remunerated but all travel expenses will be covered. There will be opportunities to visit Guatemala and see the work of the charity first-hand, although these expenses cannot normally be covered by the charity.
How To Apply
Please send a short statement about why you are applying and how you feel you meet the criteria in the person specification, along with your CV to, Michelle Aitken (Chair of the Board of Trustees): firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle can also be contacted for an informal discussion about the role.