Role brief: We are seeking a Facebook Content Writer that will be working directly with the Marketing Project Manager. The individual will be creating, writing, selecting and editing strong relevant content that is in line with the organization's vision and goals.,
- Determine sources for Facebook content creation and create content for 2-3 Facebook posts per week, which will include writing engaging copy and selecting an image from an image bank to edit
- Plan a monthly content calendar for 2-3 posts to Facebook each week
- Edit posts on Facebook
- Monitor and respond to comments and engagement with Facebook users
- Increase the number of followers and engagement on Facebook.
- Measure and analyze effectiveness of engagement strategy
- Suggest opportunities for growing community and engagement
- Identify and cultivate relationships with influencers
- Attend a weekly meeting with the marketing team to provide updates
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, English, Advertising or Marketing background preferred or at least 5 years professional experience that can substitute for the Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in facebook content writing preferred
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent, compelling and clear writing skills
- Experience or knowledge working with a non-profit or social issue preferred
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 5-7 hrs per week
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Reliable internet connection a must
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools important