Volunteer Social Media and PR Manager
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Empowerment Through Integration (ETI)
A few hours per week
12 Eliot Street
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit that is working to promote the development of an inclusive society by transforming the social stigma against disability across the globe. We create integrated, supportive spaces with life skills training, emotional support, and community service opportunities. Through these integrated spaces, they are able to break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability in order to create positive change in society. Our ultimate goal is to enable society to understand that inclusion of all is a value for all.
ETI is seeking a volunteer Social Media and Public Relations Manager to manage and promote the voice of ETI’s Founder and CEO. The Social Media and Public relations manager will work closely with the organization’s CEO and Communications Director to create content, manage outreach and enter local, regional, national and international dialogues across many different platforms.
- Develop personal voice of ETI’s CEO as it relates to, and promotes the mission of the organization
- Assist ETI CEO in development and management of personal social media accounts
- Create written and visual content for social media
- Develop and manage social media and public relations calendar for ETI’s CEO
- Create and maintain list of public relations contacts
- Create and maintain list of relevant conferences and networking events
- Recommend stories and pitches to the Communications Director
- Pitch stories to media outlets and contacts
- Build relationships and stay in contact with PR contacts
- Passion for social justice and disabilities rights issues
- Background or degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, English or other related field
- Familiarity and experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Familiarity and experience with publishing tools such as Squarespace and MailChimp
- Basic knowledge of design software such as InDesign and Photoshop
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Self motivated, creative, and proactive
- Comfortable and confident working as part of a team
Ideally, the candidate will contribute 5-10 hours per week to this position.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Training Provided