Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Hospice Volunteers provide direct and indirect support to All Caring Hospice patients and families. Hospice Volunteers will be there even when friends and family find it difficult to do so. They are trained to meet the needs of patients and families. Hospice volunteers play an important role in helping caregivers assist loved ones with life limiting conditions. Volunteers provide aid, companionship and a sympathetic ear.
- Direct Patient Care Volunteer - Offer friendship and socialization
- Bereavement Volunteer - Provide support and encouragement to the surviving family members by helping with correspondence and bereavement support groups.
- Sew, quilt, crochet, and knit lap blankets
- Special Events Volunteer - Annual Memorial Service
- Specialty Volunteer - Pet Therapy, Massage Therapy, Music Therapy, Vigil, etc.
- Administrative - Phones, copying, filing, and other special projects
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers