Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Block at Cass Park
2727 2nd Avenue
An ideal candidate has prior experience advocating for children with trauma.As a mission driven nonprofit, we expect our board members to be ambassadors promoting our mission to bring a mix of play and researched interventions alive, and to empower young people with resiliency skills, building trauma-informed schools and healthier communities.
- is the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- selecting and evaluating the performance of the chief executive
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring the organization’s programs and services
- enhancing the organization’s public image
- assessing its own performance as the governing body of the organization
Each individual board member is expected to
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- give a meaningful personal financial donation
- help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and standing, and can influence public policy
- prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- participate fully in one or more committees, events, and activities.
- attend all meetings on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- attend both 2-day training classes.
- follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
- sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
- maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of the organization
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Interested candidates must submit a resume and online application found at https://justspeak.org/board-of-directors/. Each candidate will receive a DHS Clearance form that must be taken to their local office for processing.