Patient and Family Advisors at Sutter Health
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Sutter Health - Office of Patient Experience
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Across the Sutter Health network in Northern California, we are recruiting patients and families to volunteer in Patient and Family Advisory Councils. These councils are in a variety of settings including hospitals, clinics, home care, and administration and they work in partnership with Sutter leaders, care providers, and staff to collaborate on ways to improve the patient and family experience.
We call these volunteers 'Patient and Family Advisors' (PFAs). PFAs share their experiences and unique perspectives to help staff identify areas where we are doing well, and to pinpoint opportunities for improvement. Specific activities may include:
- Providing input on practices and policies that patients and families find meaningful and useful in helping them be active partners in their care
- Sharing insight to provide a fuller picture of the care experience
- Helping identify and implement ways to improve the quality, safety and experience of care for all patients and families
What is expected of Advisors?
As a PFA, you will be asked to:
- Share your perspectives, experiences and suggestions in a variety of settings
- See beyond your personal experience and respect a diversity of opinions
- Complete an orientation process that provides information about the organization, confidentiality, privacy law and safety
- Volunteer four or more hours per month
How To Apply
Councils are in a variety of geographic settings in Northern California and Central Valley. Some councils allow the ability to meet virtually.
To learn more or apply to become a Patient Family Advisor please visit our site www.sutterhealth.org/for-patients/patient-advisory-council or call 916-305-7704.