A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
3543 18th Street, #8
The Women’s Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural, multi-service center in the Mission District of San Francisco. TWB provides services and programs to empower women and girls, a home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces. Our mission is to provide women and girls with the tools and resources they need to achieve full and equal participation in society.
Our Community Resource Room (CRR) is looking for volunteers to help promote the services we offer in the CRR. In the CRR we provide assistance to hundreds of visitors each year who call or visit The Women's Building seeking information or a referral to address a need in their life. Our free, bilingual (English/Spanish) services provide critical access to resources for employment, housing, health care, legal services, and more. We offer information and referrals, access to technology, job search assistance, financial education, free tax preparation, an immigrant food pantry and a host of workshops.
• Create promotional material for services
• Create new flyer for the Community Resource Room Event in December
• Assist with projects as they arise
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to define and meet deadlines
• Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
• Must have graphic designing software
• Must be 18 years of age or older
How To Apply
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and availability with CRR GRAPHIC DESIGNER VOLUNTEER as the subject line. Feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Contact: Jacqueline Moncada Email: email@example.com