Social Media and Communications Assistant
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Integrative Law Institute at Commonweal
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
San Francisco Bay Area
We are looking for an undergraduate or graduate student or social media consultant who can improve our Wordpress blog and Facebook page, help us create vivid blog and Twitter content, assist with email newsletters to our mailing list via Constant Contact, create short videos, and generally help us maintain a vigorous social media presence and increase engagement with our organization.
This is an unpaid part-time position involving three to five hours per week, depending on work flow and on the volunteer's availability. There is a minimum commitment of four months. We provide enthusiastic letters of recommendation for successful volunteers as well as introductions where appropriate.
ILI is located in the San Francisco Bay Area. The work for this position can be done from distant locations and therefore applications are welcome from both within and outside the Bay Area.
The ideal candidate should:
- have strong writing and communications skills
- be able to edit and publish blog and Twitter content
- be familiar with Creative Commons image licensing and sources for no-fee social media images
- be conversant with technical aspects of WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media sites
- be skilled in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, Publisher, and other programs and applications
- have basic video editing and search engine optimization skills
- be able to create a strategy for engaging more people on our social media posts and pages
- be able to create simple email templates, flyers, brochures, etc.
- be well organized, reliable, self-starting and able to work well independently
- have good "people" skills and a sense of humor
How To Apply
Send a letter and resume to: email@example.com describing how your experience and interests qualify you for this position and why you want to do this work with us.