Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Calle del Horno 618
Join our intern team! Check out our flyer here for more information.
Awamaki creates lasting impact in the Andean mountains of Peru by helping rural women’s associations launch successful small businesses that create authentic, high-quality textiles and knits. Awamaki invests in women’s skills, connects them to global markets and supports their leadership so they can increase their income and transform their communities.
Comprised of a Peruvian Asociación Civil and a U.S. 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization, Awamaki consists of three main projects: Fair Trade artisan cooperatives, sustainable tourism operations, and rural community education. Though a non-profit, Awamaki uses market strategies to accomplish its philanthropic goals of increasing women’s opportunities for income and leadership
GRAPHIC DESIGN POSITION DESCRIPTION
If you’re looking for an international opportunity to utilize your skills while also empowering women in rural communities, Awamaki could be the place for you.
Our interns play an essential role, as their work makes an enormous difference in our programs and in the lives of our women. Interns have the opportunity to gain essential experience in business administration, fair trade, social enterprise, ethical sourcing and design, marketing & communications, and nonprofit management.
As a Graphic Design Intern, you would be expected to….
- Tell the stories of the women and their products through photography and film.
- Help promote Awamaki’s products and tours through photography and film.
- Help us tell stories and thank donors through photography and film.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Coordinator as well as with other volunteers in the production of video content and images related to the work of the organization.
- Help improve Awamaki’s YouTube channel, while also creating strategies for online promotional materials.
- Collect information, videos, and photos to publish on our blog, social networks, and newsletters.
- Translate (with assistance, if necessary) Spanish and Quechua to create subtitles and descriptions for media.
- Work a minimum of 6 – 9 hours per week at Awamaki's fair trade store in Ollantaytambo.
An ideal candidate for this position would possess the following qualities:
- Have experience with photography, film and graphic design.
- Be culturally sensitive and be able to respectfully portray the women we work with.
- Work well with lots of creative autonomy and is comfortable with creating creative projects.
- Be comfortable speaking in both Spanish and English.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
- For more information about Awamaki and our programs, visit www.awamaki.org or our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/awamaki. For any questions about volunteering, please email email@example.com.
- Apply directly here and send resume. For design, send portfolio. For marketing, send applicable examples of work.
- Upon receiving your application and resume, we will contact you to arrange an interview via Skype with the relevant Program Coordinator(s).
For more information about Awamaki programs and volunteer fees, visit www.awamaki.org/volunteer or our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/awamaki. For any questions about volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application and thank you for your interest in economically and socially empowering Andean women in Peru!