A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Youth Action is seeking a Fund Development Associate to serve on our Board’s Development Committee. If you are passionate about fundraising, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are inspired by our organization’s mission, then join us! This volunteer opportunity is remote/virtual.
What you will be responsible for:
1. Fund Development Strategy:
- Developing strategies to help Youth Action broaden and diversify its revenue sources (and determine which revenue streams may be most opportunistic to pursue)
- Recommending people, processes, and technology to help implement the strategy
2. Fundraising Execution
- Creating a plan to implement Youth Action’s fundraising strategy
- Working with a team to coordinate fundraising projects and campaigns
- Compiling and maintaining information regarding donors
3. Board Participation
- Educating Board Members on fundraising to ensure participation in fundraising efforts.
- Attending board meetings (at least quarterly on an in-person or remote basis)
- Attending a monthly Development Committee meeting
1. Chance to develop or master your professional skills
2. Advance your knowledge of fund development and marketing
3. Opportunity to test many of your ideas without the red-tape of a large organization
4. Acquire entrepreneurial experience by working with a small, up-and-coming organization
5. Ability to express interest in being nominated to our Board of Directors, if interested.
1. Must be able to commit to at least six months of service.
2. An entrepreneurial spirit and a strategic mindset (we’re a small organization looking to grow!)
3. Skills/Background in: Fundraising, Grantwriting, Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Corporate Communication, Content Writing, or Project Management
4. Excellent management and organizational skills. Strong attention to detail.
5. Positive/fun attitude, strong communication skills, and professional demeanor.
1. Fundraising/Nonprofit and Communications experience
2. Success in securing major/minor gifts and grants and achieving annual fundraising goals.
3. Experience working with youth-serving organizations
Requirements: Associates are expected to put in a minimum of 5 hours per week and be responsive to emails within three (3) calendar days. Attend meetings per the responsibilities outlined above.