- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Fundacion Internacional Buen Samaritano Paul Martel, Inc.
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
FIBUSPAM’s mission is to deliver integrated health care and humanitarian support to children and adults of limited economic resources in Ecuador. We are a small but impactful organization with a motivated board of directors. To learn more about our work, visit fibuspam.org.
We currently have open volunteer board member positions that we hope to fill by the end of 2018. We are especially interested in candidates with non-profit management, legal, accounting or fundraising experience. The purpose of FIBUSPAM's board is to advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of FIBUSPAM so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget for FIBUSPAM, USA
- Personnel evaluation and staff development
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
Length of term: Three years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors meets once a year in Hartford, CT for an all-day meeting and semi-annually for 90 minute remote meetings.
- Committees of the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
- Board members are asked to attend special events as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
- Annual give or get of least $5,000 in cash contributions to FIBUSPAM’s general operations fund.
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Help communicate and promote FIBUSPAM’S mission and programs to the global community.
- Provide strategic direction to FIBUSPAM’s mission and programs.
- Support FIBUSPAM with your professional expertise (medical, accounting, legal, ect.).
- Become familiar with FIBUSPAM’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of FIBUSPAM.
- Financially support FIBUSPAM in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
- Actively participate in FIBUSPAM fundraising activities.