VOLUNTEER RESOURCE MANAGER
- This is a remote, volunteer position
- Time Commitment – 2-4 hours/week
- Duration – 1-year renewable term (after 30-day trial)
Reporting to the Core Management Team, the Volunteer Resource Manager serves as the first point of contact for the 30-40 Science Borealis volunteers and is responsible for recruitment, onboarding, renewals, support and offboarding of all volunteers.
This position has been developed to support our growing volunteer workforce. In this capacity, you will also work with us to develop policies and procedures to guide the volunteer program and ensure we maintain a healthy vibrant volunteer community.
- Certificate or degree in human resources, volunteer administration or related studies or;
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an HR professional or;
- Minimum of 1 year experience managing or coordinating a large team of volunteers or staff on a continual basis.
- Have an appreciation and understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a volunteer workforce.
- Have experience reviewing applicants, interviewing, assessing candidates.
- Must be exceedingly organized, time-conscious and detail-oriented; a natural sense for developing and maintaining systems, procedures, checklists, schedules, etc.
- Must be self-driven; someone who can work towards an end-goal without regular supervision or specific direction.
- Excellent writing and communications skills; a friendly professional attitude
- Adept at various online collaboration and communications tools — Google docs, DropBox, Slack, etc.
- Ability to manage sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Working (paid or volunteer) as an HR professional for more than one year.
- Track record of successfully managing or coordinating a large team of volunteers or staff for more than two years
- Track record of developing a successful volunteer program and policies and procedures around that.
- Independence, flexibility, work from home
- Enthusiastic, collaborative, supportive, and diverse team
- Professional development opportunity
- Real-world experience
- Recommendations and references
- Access to our private curated Science Communications job board
- Opportunity for involvement in special projects
- Thank you gift (after 6 months)
To apply for this position, please send a strong cover letter and your CV, resume, or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with VOLUNTEER RESOURCE MANAGER APPLICANT in the subject line.
Science Borealis is a not-for-profit corporation under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act). We are an all-volunteer organization.