Vocational Training and Career Guidance Programme Coordinator
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Latin American Foundation for the Future
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Through the Vocational Training and Career Guidance Programme, LAFF designs, funds and/or delivers training and workshops directly or indirectly (through training centres, qualified businesses or individuals) according to the different organizations' and beneficiaries' needs and interests. Young people also receive support from career guidance specialists. The main goal of this programme is to equip children and young people with relevant soft skills (communication, language, interpersonal); life skills (decision making, critical thinking, problem-solving, creative thinking); basic (English and Maths) and technical skills. Intended to increase economic opportunities, technical skills training targets young people aged 14 to 25 and responds to the labour market demand in order to guarantee internship opportunities, business start-ups and/or job placements.
Under the supervision of the International Partnerships Manager, the Vocational Training and Career Guidance Programme Coordinator will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Identify (through participatory techniques) the needs/requirements for vocational training and career guidance for beneficiaries of LAFF's partner organisations.
- In collaboration with our partners and through participatory techniques, identify suitable trainees.
- In collaboration with our partners, develop budgets, plan and implement life and technical skills training programmes.
- In collaboration with our partners, develop budgets, plan and implement the LAFF career guidance programme.
- Identify training providers (institutions, training centres, businesses and/or experts) and establish MoU's or agreements when possible.
- Identify internship, short work experience and job placement opportunities for young people.
- Network and forge links with other stakeholders and organisations (including local government, donors, companies and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives.
- Continue to develop a database of training providers and other private/public sectors partners or potential partners.
- Monitor and evaluate the results and impact of the vocational training and career guidance programme and submit progress reports.
- Undergraduate Degree in International Relations, International Development, Education or related field. Postgraduate degree desirable but not essential.
- Minimum of 1 year of volunteering and/or work experience. Field and/or international development experience, as well as experience implementing vocational training programmes desirable.
- Budget development, administrative skills, and financial management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Solid report-writing skills
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To complete the application process you need to fill in the Application Form (you can find this at the above URL). You also need to send us your CV.