Facilitators-Help Homeless Abuse Survivors Improve Financial Literacy (NYC)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Shine Foundation
A few hours per week
6 Doyers St., #130206
Shine Foundation is a non-for-profit dedicated to helping domestic violence abuse survivors in the New York City area learn to thrive financially. We lead fun and informative workshops to teach our clients empowerment through financial literacy. Join Shine today to use your professional and creative experience to leave a lasting impression in the lives of others.
We are looking for facilitators who are engaging, energetic and can make financial content exciting and fun! Successful facilitators understand the importance of engagement and user experience in the teaching process and have the client’s interests in mind.
- Design activities and lesson plans.
- Facilitate classes, one or multiple classes over a scheduled program.
- Work with support team to create long-term follow-up and success plans.
- Facilitators can specialize in topics (e.g., budgeting, credit repair, job search, etc.) or serve as generalists.
- Conduct research and preparation for classes as needed.
3+ years of prior experience working with similar client population OR prior facilitation/teaching experience.
Strong communication skills.
Experience creating content or lesson plans that are fun and exciting!
Ability to work well in a team environment.
Timeframe: September-November with possibility to extend volunteer time.
Weekly commitment: 4 to 6 hours + travel to sites
- Training Provided