Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Do you enjoy bringing all the pieces of the puzzle together, drawing multiple work processes to a conclusion, and tidying it all up in a report? Do you enjoy being part of a team that works with information flow to provide successful customer business relationships?
Envision using your office skills, organizational ability, and the ability to communicate clearly to accomplish the work of building God’s kingdom? Be a part of the aviation maintenance team.
Assist the Maintenance Manager, Shop Foreman, and Parts/Inventory Manager in processing repair station work orders and financial payment procedures with customers.
· For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
· Able to work in the US
· Produce financial reports
· Review work order packages for proper invoicing and completion
· Monitor Customer invoice balances, credit reports, and approval levels
· Parts inventory bookkeeping, used part sales, and sale quote tracking
· Process end-of-month reports
· Provide office support for other hangar personnel, in their absence
· Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
· Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
· Enjoys people
· Good oral and written communication
· Good phone etiquette
Education and Experience
· An associates or higher level college degree
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps
· Business or finance experience helpful
· Familiarity with aviation terminology is a plus
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Proof of health insurance
Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020