A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Byte Back Offices
899 North Capitol Street Northeast
District of Columbia
Byte Back is a Washington, DC area nonprofit that provides free technology education and career training to more than 700 adult students per year. The communities we serve—predominantly people of color, women, and the unemployed or underemployed—have an incredible and untapped potential to change the tech sector. We are one of the only organizations in the country to provide training at all levels, from introductory computer classes to industry-recognized certification courses. Byte Back’s innovative approach was recently recognized with $720,000 in Creator Awards from WeWork to scale into Maryland and explore national expansion.
If you have experience in the following areas please consider volunteering to work with our determined, dedicated students! We need volunteers to support our DC students as well as our students in Prince George's Co., MD.
Class topics include:
- Security: Supporting and securing access to data by properly using authentication, access control and encryption for an organization.
- Networking: Applying core concepts and protocols such as IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, and subnet mask to set up and support wired and wireless networks.
- Operating Systems: Working with mobile, server and traditional operating systems from Android and iOS to Windows and Linux.
- IT Operations: Utilizing the basics of virtualization, cloud computing, desktop imaging and deployment to support today’s IT infrastructures.
- Troubleshooting: Following and using decision trees for diagnosing, resolving and documenting common hardware and software issues across a variety of devices.
- Technical Support: Applying principles of customer service to help resolve IT issues.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers