Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Brand New Congress is a political action committee (PAC) dedicated to running candidates for political office on a post-partisan platform that appeals to average Americans across the country. Our focus right now is the 2018 midterm election, and we are currently supporting 29 candidates in their run for Congress.
Our candidates pledge to support the platform in its entirety, thus creating a unified national voice where people can vote their conscience, and not for the personality or party of the politician. That's why we're running Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who believe in and support the populist reforms found in our platform, thereby dispensing with political labels.
Furthermore, our candidates pledge to refuse corporate PAC and corporate lobbyist money. All of our candidates accept small-dollar donations averaging $13 per person. Our majority volunteer-led organization works tirelessly towards this goal by recruiting and endorsing Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who will make up our pre-formed caucus to enact the common-sense legislation for which Americans have been waiting. Laws that invest in renewable energy, end mass incarceration, and guarantee a living wage is way overdue. Average citizens want to see these ideas put into action, and the political and corporate classes have consistently stood in the way of that vision.To learn more, visit brandnewcongress.org
- Research, identify, track, and win opportunities aligned with Brand New Congress strategic priorities
- Attend political events, secure relationships with high profile politicians and/or celebrities and thought leaders etc.
- Promote Brand New Congress to like-minded organizations and potential supporters
- Secure new partnerships and supporters through regular communication efforts
- Maintain ongoing dialogue and outreach to organizations and political leaders regarding existing or future needs
- Network within the Brand New Congress volunteer database and the leadership team members
- Assist in the marketing, promotion and business development of Brand New Congress assets
- Plan and work to execute relevant marketing and advertising related to new development
- Represent Brand New Congress in press and social media.
- Must be able to dedicate 15-20 hours per week to start
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years working on political campaigns and evidence of gaining political endorsements and partnerships.
- 2+ years of marketing or sales experience
- Thorough understanding of Congressional elections and winning factors
- Strong communication skills, must be comfortable being on camera, conducting facebook live videos, social media savvy and knows how to engage audiences
- Strong professional persona and ability to speak about important policy as is portrayed on the Brand New Congress Platform
- Strong writing skills
- Passionate about progressive change and what Brand New Congress sets out to accomplish. Works hard to achieve the overall goal
Potential Hire: After 3 months, this position will become a part-time paid position.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please email email@example.com with "Political Outreach Coordinator" as the subject.
In your message, include:
- A short description of how you found BNC and your interest in the organization or platform
- Resume or list of experience.
Feel free to reach out with any and all questions.