Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
49 W. 45th Street, 7th floor
LiveOn NY works to ensure low income older adults in NYC do not have to choose between food and other living expenses. The LiveOn NY Benefits Outreach Center screens older adults for public benefits eligibility and assists them throughout the entire application process.
We are looking for a Spanish Speaker to join our team!
SOME OF YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE...
- Screen older adults to determine eligibility for SNAP, SCRIE/DRIE, Medicaid and other public benefits
- Work primarily with non/limited English speaking clients to provide benefits assistance and screening
- Assist clients in completing applications
- Work with the Benefits Program Manager and Senior Client Service Coordinator to follow-up with clients and report cases database(s)
- Attend monthly/quarterly meeting with Benefits team
THE IDEAL VOLUNTEER...
The ideal volunteer will be fluent in Spanish, have prior knowledge of the SNAP and Medicaid programs, possess excellent communication skills, and be comfortable working with older adults over the phone.
YOUR TIME COMMITMENT WILL BE...
RECEIVE TRAINING & SUPPORT!
The Benefits Program Manager and Senior Service Client Coordinator will provide all necessary training and ongoing support for the volunteer.
BENEFITS FOR VOLUNTEERING WITH US...
You will become a valued member of the LiveOn NY Benefits Outreach Center and work to ensure low income older adults has access to vital public benefits. Work towards LiveOn NY’s mission and vision, to make NYC a better place to age.
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
To apply or for more information, contact Victoria Thornton, email@example.com or 212-398-6565 ext 235