Climate Change Research
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The dramatic changes in our climate pose significant threats to the environment, economy and society and is thus one of the most urgent issues for research towards solutions” (Earthwatch Institute). VIN seeks experienced research volunteers to help make an impact on serious environmental issues facing Nepal today.
With an economy and population largely dependent on rainwater-fed agriculture and a dramatic geography rendering land prone to flooding Nepal is particularly vulnerable to climate change. Flash floods and glacial outburst remain the most significant events. Politically, Nepal is fragile. Having emerged from 10 years civil war in 2006, abolished the monarchy in 2008, the subsequent coalition governments have failed to write a constitution. While poverty reigns and funds are desperately needed to rebuild the economy and infrastructure, costly adaptations for climate change are not priority.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.