A few hours per week
Engineers for a Sustainable World, ESW,is a growing collection of technically-minded people looking to make the world a better place. Most of ESW's impact comes from projects done by its 50 college-based chapters.
Our work includes everything from a self-contained living unit and design studio for mobile deployment in disaster relief areas, to a solar charging station on campus for student and faculty use, to a hydroponic system for a local food pantry to produce low-cost food for the community.
ESW is run by a team of passionate volunteers who care deeply about building a better world.
Our general requirements, regardless of position, are as follows:
- You need to be passionate about sustainability, and agree with our mission, vision, and values.
- You do need to be able to commit time to the organization, including regular conference calls. We find that in order to be effective, most positions require 5-10hrs/week on average, fluctuating by season.
- Self-motivation is important for the digital environment that we work in.
- You don't have to be familiar with ESW-HQ - we're friendly people, and we'd love to meet you.
About working with ESW
We accept applicants from all over the country. ESW volunteers work in a digital environment. We use Slack, Google Suite, and Zoom to communicate with each other. If you aren't familiar with these technologies, no worries! We'd love to teach you.
ESW is seeking to expand our professional member offerings. Currently, the bulk of our membership comes from college students across the United States and Canada. We would like to grow into the professional sphere, but we need some help! We are looking for volunteers to help us with:
1. Updating the mentorship program
2. Starting a blog that professional members can contribute to
3. More professional members and programming at the conference
4. More professional chapters
5. continuing education courses
6. Increased activity and communication of professional members