Volunteers In Police Service - Denver Police Department
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Denver Police Department - Volunteers In Police Service
A few hours per month
Denver Police Department
1331 Cherokee Street
The Denver Police Department (DPD) – Volunteers In Police Services (VIPS) is now accepting applications for Volunteers within the DPD.
Working with a task or field supervisor, volunteers will have the opportunity to learn and gain a better understanding of the Law Enforcement Field by participating and getting hands on experience assisting in these various areas: Training Scenario Role Playing, Administrative/Clerical Support, Translation, Social Media, Information Desk Help, COP Shops, Fingerprinting, Graphic Design, Photography, Property and Evidence, Community Relations Events.
Volunteering is an incredibly rewarding way to spend your time while enriching the lives of others. We have a wide variety of opportunities that are flexible on your schedule and time. We recruit for volunteers based on openings for specific positions and we aim to match your skills and experience with the best fit from our variety of opportunities.
· Must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
· Genuine interest in working with the community to foster positive relationships and experiences with the Police Department
How To Apply
Upon applying for the Denver Police Department's Volunteers In Police Service Program, please know that you MUST include with your application;
- contact information and names of supervisors for previous 7 years of employment history,
- three personal references (that are not family members)
- copy of your driver's license
- copy of resume
- follow link on application to download and sign waivers
For further information regarding our program, please visit;
or email us at