A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
542 Atlantic Ave
A Free Bird is a non-profit organization working out of New York City that aims to provide children, ages 4-18, diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing!
A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and any other artistic passion they may have.
We are looking for a volunteer to help us with research and administrative projects relating to pediatric cancer, art and music. Your passion and dedication will directly lead to more young people experiencing the arts opportunities they deserve.
This opportunity is perfect for someone looking to break into the field of non-profit arts administration in New York.
Requirements for this position:
- Minimum 20 hours a week in office.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of Mac and PC programs
- Must have a clear understanding of Administrative work, must be able to work independently and have open availability for the President.
- Willingness to learn and grown with the organization!
- Learning new materials, and creating relations between companies/individuals and the President.
- Outgoing and social person who has a willingness to drive.