Reduce Homelessness with Supported Shared Housing, Seeking Board Member
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by HousingMatch.org
Times of day
HousingMatch.org, a 501 (c)(3), is Boston's first shared housing network that assists social services providers in connecting low income, working families and the elderly with supported shared housing living arrangements. The HousingMatch.org mission is to provide a network for families and individuals to share housing; obtain resources and services; secure healthy, safe, affordable homes; and reduce homelessness.
We are currently seeking a volunteer to serve in the position of Treasurer. The ideal candidate will have a passion for issues of homelessness and a working knowledge of financial terminology and requirements in the nonprofit sector. Although someone with an accounting background is preferred, we are not in need of financial services at this time as our fiscal sponsor and legal team already provide this support. The HousingMatch.org board is comprised of veteran Housing Services Providers and Social Work professionals representing decades of service to the Boston metropolitan area. Our board is very diverse and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans and people with disabilities to apply. Serving on the HousingMatch.org Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is dedicated to making an impact on homelessness by creating new pathways out of poverty.
- Meetings - attend and participate in 4 board meetings annually in a downtown Boston location, or by conference call.
- Terms - Board members are encouraged to make at least a one-year commitment.
- Support - make an individual financial contribution annually to the organization
- Provide leadership, wisdom, and creativity for the formulation of policy, progress, and practices that contribute to the formation of the network.
- Play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary to achieve the organizational mission.
Please send your resume and at least two references to,
Dolores Beliso, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org