Value Chain Advisor (Spanish Speaking Canadians Only)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Cuso International (Headquarters)
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Start Date Jun - Aug 2018(flexible)
Length of Placement 9-12 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Our partner, ANDI, focuses its efforts in ensuring the rights of the industrial sector, enhancing their capabilities and increasing the sector's influence in the market, especially with Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. The organization sees the importance in involving youth and creating opportunities for them to participate in entrepreneurship as a means of sustainable development of their communities.
With ANDI, you'll get a chance to support and strengthen the work of ANDI regarding value chains throughout Honduras. You'll use new approaches and mechanisms to improve their management capacity and supporting them in researching and applying for new project opportunities as well as the development of value chains in the sector. In addition, you'll also collaborate with stakeholders to create value chains that result in more equitable benefits for everyone, including women and youth.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Analyse current processes and advise the ANDI and its stakeholders in improving value chain management capacity & governance, service and extension models through the creation of new approaches and mechanisms and the research of new project opportunities that will benefit the sector.
- Contribute to the promotion and development of value chains and links to building efficiency and quality.
- Collaborate with stakeholders through training on value chains in order to build a strong interest in establishing a more profitable sector and equitable sharing of benefits, including the participation of women and youth.
- Contribute to the improvement of the volunteer program between Cuso International Honduras and ANDI.
- Support other Cuso International partners focused on value chains as well as other activities assigned.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- University degree in business, economics, or related field.
- Desirable: Specialization or experience in private sector development and/or social business development
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience working with value chains.
- Experience working alongside donor-funded programmes supporting value chain actors and market systems.
- Experience in project management, proposal writing, project planning, and/or monitoring & evaluation.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available